Dating in the D
Image courtesy of Getty Images. This image represents the beauty of the Detroit city and great memories that can be created within.
Written by Mrs. Donley’s Human Sexuality Class
- Dequindre Cut – Dequindre Cut is a walking trail with separate lanes for bicycles and pedestrians in Detroit that connects Eastern Market and the East Riverfront.
- Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle – A comedy club located in Royal Oak, Mark Ridley has open mic opportunities, tickets for shows, and comedy classes.
- Arcades – There are several arcades located in Troy, Farmington Hills, and Royal Oak.
- Zap Zone – Zap Zone is an arcade in Farmington that boasts lazer tag, bumper cars, and other classic arcade games.
- Belle Isle – Belle Isle Park has an aquarium and conservancy, plus many opportunities for learning about local history and the environment.
- Beaches – Michigan’s Great Lakes have many beautiful beaches to enjoy in the warm summer weather.
- Dream Cruise – Woodward is home to the massive annual classic car event renowned across the world, the Dream Cruise, which began in 1995 and has been a big part of Metro-Detroit pride ever since.
- Escape Room – The Great Escape Room in Royal Oak gives a series of clues to participants that lead to the means of escape from a locked room within a set amount of time.
- Fowling – Across Michigan, fowling (football crossed with bowling) has become a popular “sport”. Two locations of the Fowling Warehouse are in Hamtramck and Grand Rapids.
- Picnic – A simple and easy date, having a picnic is a great way to spend a sunny summer day outdoors.
- DTE Energy Music Theatre – In Clarkston, DTE is a concert venue that will be hosting many popular artists throughout the summer, including Jimmy Buffett, Chris Stapleton, Florida Georgia Line, and more.
- Fruit picking – A great day trip might be going to a farm to pick fruit in Cement City, Kewadin, or Williamsburg during the summer.
- Eastern Market – Eastern Market is a big part of Detroit’s character that is right in the center of the city.
- DIA – The Detroit Institute of Arts is a beautiful museum housing a variety of beautiful works of art in the center of Detroit.
15. Drive-in movies – Ford Drive-In in Dearborn is a drive-in movie theater that always shows double features. What better way to spend a summer evening than watching a movie at the drive-in?